We have implemented a number of measures to improve the performance of Workist even further so that many documents do not fail in the first place and therefore do not cause any major delays.
However, if an error does occur, you will now know immediately what to do in each case thanks to the new information text, saving you valuable time and effort.
Info texts are displayed as usual in the Workbench above the document and the editing screen.
Documents that fail during output can now also be edited again in order to rectify the cause of the problem and then process the document again.
Which kinds of info-messages exist and what do they mean?
Documents with the status "Rejected" are rejected during transfer to the Workbench and cannot be processed. A message appears informing you why the file was rejected.
- "The file type is not supported. Please process the document manually and then discard it afterwards."
The file type cannot (yet) be processed via Workist.
Note: Unsupported document types are now rejected instead of running into "Error" and can be manually discarded by the user.
If you would very often like to process a certain document type that is currently not supported by Workist, please contact your contact person at Workist with examples - we are always open to feedback!
- "File Type is currently not supported for this Use Case. Please process the document manually and discard it afterwards."
The file type cannot (yet) be processed for this use case (e.g. order entry).
- "The document is corrupt and cannot be processed. Please process the document manually and discard it afterwards."
Something is wrong with the forwarded file, it can therefore not be processed.
- "The maximum value of 100 pages has been exceeded. Please process the document manually and discard it afterwards."
The document is too long and can therefore not be processed.
- "The maximum value of 1000 rows and/or 50 columns has been exceeded. Please process the document manually and discard it afterwards."
The excel-file is too big and can therefore not be processed.
Note: This also applies to rows/columns that are not displayed due to applied filters.
The "Failed" status applies to documents that can generally be processed via the Workbench but fail due to an issue that occurred. This can happen during the data extraction or while processing the order.
Here are some issue you might notice and the error messages with further steps that you might see for them:
- Processing takes an unusually long time and is cancelled:
"The time limit for processing the document has been exceeded. We will fix the problem and then restart the document. You can also try to restart the document in about 10 minutes. In the meantime, please edit time-critical documents manually and discard them afterwards."
- An unexpected error occurred:
"A technical problem has occurred and our support team has already been informed. We will take care of fixing the problem and then restart the document. In the meantime, please edit time-critical documents manually and discard them afterwards."
- The document could not be processed successfully:
"An error occurred while generating the output file. Please check your input and make changes in the document if necessary. You can try to generate the output file again at any time."